Full Management Package
Part Management Package
Let Only Package
Free Rental valuation
Tenant viewing, Screening and References
This deposit can be registered by either the landlord or Bah Properties and held by either party during the period of the tenancy and subsequent extensions in a secured client account.
Repairs and Maintenance
At Bah Properties we pride ourselves on our high quality workmanship together with a fast, efficient and reliable workforce. We tailor a comprehensive range of services from changing a bulb, bleeding a radiator to full refurbishment of dilapidated houses. We have effective procedures in place when dealing with tenant problems, in order to eliminate any reoccurring problems that may arise. We use a range of contractors, from qualified plumber to multi skilled, general workers. Bah Properties provides an in house maintenance service for management properties in order to avoid any compensation issues that could escalate due to non-performance of maintenance. Coordination of any repairs or maintenance to your property will be conducted up to a pre-agreed limit, and settlement of invoices will be deducted from the rent. You will be consulted for any expenditure in excess of £250, except in emergencies. All maintenance works instructed and managed on your behalf will incur a handling fee.
In a situation where the property is on part management service, landlord/investor will take full responsibility for the coordination and management of all repairs and maintenance works at the property except in emergencies should we not be able to contact you. Please note, as part of the part management service, Bah Properties will not be held liable for any claims that may arise in the event of non performance or delay to maintenance works or repairs being completed by either you or your appointed contractor.
Bah Properties can provide a specialist service to introduce those individuals to the property market. This service will assist individuals who either do not wish to get involved with finding suitable property deals or investors who do not know the current local market and wish to use specialist knowledge before investing in property in Cardiff and UK at large.
Landlord check the list
• Mortgage lenders permission in writing, if applicable, to be obtained. A copy of the permission letter must be given to us before we can proceed to let the property. Head leaser’s permission in writing, if applicable (for Leasehold properties) to be obtained and a copy given to us.
• Your property to be adequately insured.
• Your property contents insurers to be made aware of your intention to let and that we have been informed of any stipulation imposed by them.
• An Energy Performance Assessment to be carried out. Please forward a copy of the report and certification to our office. If you would like us to arrange this on your behalf then please inform us at the time of registering your property.
• Gas fires, boiler etc to be tested and serviced. Please inform us of the name of the registered contractor who carried out the works and forward to us a copy of the appropriate Gas Safety Record at least five days before letting. Failure to do so will result in Bah Properties performing a gas safety check on your behalf, at an additional cost.
• Safety checks to be completed on all electrical appliances and equipment. Please forward a copy of your safety records and certification. Failure to do so will result in Bah Properties performing an electrical safety check on your behalf, at an additional cost.
• Any smoke detectors within the property to be fully tested.
• Your mail to be redirected.
• Full set of master keys to be forwarded to us, to include all rear exits, garages, outhouses, mail box, door entry fobs and car parking fobs.
• The refrigerator and/or freezer to be turned off and the doors left open.
• Ensure garden is in seasonal order and sufficient gardening equipment to be left as necessary.
• Operating instructions for all appliances to be left in the property.
• If you are going overseas, ensure you have made all the necessary arrangements with an accountant to handle all your tax commutations.
• Notify all utility companies of your departure and ensure all accounts are closed and that relevant companies have your forwarding address.
•Ensure the house is left clean and tidy.
•Complete and sign our Management Agreement, Confirmation of Instructions and provide two original forms of identification together with proof of ownership.
• Overseas landlords to have applied for tax exemption form.
HMOs or Houses in Multiple Occupation
If you let a property which is one of the following types it is an HMO:
• An entire house or flat which is let to 3 or more tenants who form 2 or more households and who share a kitchen, bathroom or toilet.
• A house which has been converted entirely into bedsits or other non-self-contained accommodation and which is let to 3 or more tenants who form two or more households and who share kitchen, bathroom or toilet facilities.
• A converted house which contains one or more flats which are not wholly self contained (ie the flat does not contain within it a kitchen, bathroom and toilet) and which is occupied by 3 or more tenants who form two or more households.
• A building which is converted entirely into self-contained flats if the conversion did not meet the standards of the 1991 Building Regulations and more than one-third of the flats are let on short-term tenancies.
• In order to be an HMO the property must be used as the tenants’ only or main residence and it should be used solely or mainly to house tenants. Properties let to students and migrant workers will be treated as their only or main residence and the same will apply to properties which are used as domestic refuges.
• More information about HMOs can be found in these documents.
Start Your Search Today
We cover the whole of Cardiff especially the local areas like Grangetown, Riverside, City Centre, Butetown, Cardiff Bay, Roath, Cathays, Penylan, Fairwater and Ely. Free viewings and free rental valuations offered for properties